Blizzard Entertainment has just announced that its closed beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the next expansion in this hugely popular MMORPG, has started. Invitations has already been issued for folks to participate in the testing process, targeting a wide range of players from around the world who signed up via their Battle.net accounts. Apart from having the advantage of enjoying an early look at the game, beta testers will also be able to provide valuable feedback to help Blizzard Entertainment look out for bugs, address balance issues, while making sure the new content is ready to rock and roll with minimal fuss, hue and cry when released officially.
Cataclysm is the third expansion for World of Warcraft, the most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game in the world. The first two expansions, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races — worgen and goblins — will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they’ll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.
Sounds like more hack and slash, where we are sure that this title will also draw in blockbuster sales figures as well no doubt about that. The thing is, will it cannibalize on sales of their next anticipated title, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, or does it cater to a totally different crowd?
Post a Comment
- Closed beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- Six Flags delivers Mascot Park for Facebook
- Zynga launches FarmVille for iPhone and iPod touch
- Wipeout: The Game arrives on Nintendo platforms
- Marvelous Entertainment releases Followars for the Apple iPad
- Puzzle Quest 2 hits the Nintendo DS, Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Transformers: War for Cybertron is now here
- Game specially designed to help families prepare for emergencies
- Creative Kingdoms announces MagiQuest Online: The Portal Adventure Series
- Big Collision Games offers closed beta testing for Online Soccer Champions
Signup because it's Wednesday