Following the recent updates of Taito classics such as Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands comes the news that New Zealand Story is the next candidate for update on the DS.
The arcade original was a platform game where you played as Tiki the Kiwi. Your mission was to rescue all your Kiwi pals, who had been captured by Wally Walrus. As well as being able to jump around the platforms, you could also ride around on bizarre little hover pods and hot air balloons, and had a variety of weapons such as a bow and arrow, exploding bombs and even a Laser pistol that could be used to dispatch the many cute and cuddly enemies.
The game was very popular when released, with many home computer versions being produced. The Amiga version was particularly close to the arcade original, and also had a rather memorable cheat mode (MOTHERF**KENKIWIBA**ARDS – fill in the blanks yourself).
We must also acknowledge Bolak for the image on this post, a particularly good rendition of Tiki made using the pixel blocks modelling blocks. Check out his site here for some more excellent gaming related images, including Jet Set Willy and a 1 UP Mushroom.
One Comment on “More Kiwi Fun On The Way”7:25 pm
[...] More Kiwi Fun On The Way [...]
Post a Comment
- Closed beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- Six Flags delivers Mascot Park for Facebook
- Zynga launches FarmVille for iPhone and iPod touch
- Wipeout: The Game arrives on Nintendo platforms
- Marvelous Entertainment releases Followars for the Apple iPad
- Puzzle Quest 2 hits the Nintendo DS, Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Transformers: War for Cybertron is now here
- Game specially designed to help families prepare for emergencies
- Creative Kingdoms announces MagiQuest Online: The Portal Adventure Series
- Big Collision Games offers closed beta testing for Online Soccer Champions
Signup because it's Saturday